About the MAI Lab
The MAI Laboratories support professional training, assay and instrument development, and core service capabilities at KU for multiple disciplines including biology, materials sciences and chemistry. Laboratory-based instruction for undergraduates, pre-doctoral students and post-doctoral researchers on laboratory samples, image analysis and informatics is available at no additional charge.
Four multi-core, large-memory workstations (two for general use and two for staff use) are available for image reconstruction and offline-analysis for results generated within the MAI laboratories. Instruments are available for direct use 24/7/365 for users who have completed introductory training.
- Assay development, analysis and data exploration
- Image analysis and computational processing
- Sample prep
- Light, electron, and scanning probe microscopy
- 2-D DIGE scanning and analysis and microarray scanning
- Computer-stimulated drug application and perfusion
- Unmonitored multi-well plate imaging available up to 384 well plates